Sunday, June 3, 2012

happy birthday!

today we celebrate my husband's birthday. i am thankful for him for so many reasons. God was definitely putting pieces of a puzzle together when he brought us back to each other...not only with our life circumstances but with our personalities. We are very different people for the most part. He is quiet, I am loud. He is patient and slow paced (unless he is participating in a race!), I am always in hurry...even if I have nothing to do. He slows down at yellow lights, I speed up. He is a rule follower, I am a rule breaker. He is an athlete, I  am the cheerleader.  He is a quiet leader, I am blunt and to the point with people. He is active with our kids - running and wrestling with them, I make crafts and cookies. He reads books and books and books, I read facebook. He likes pies, I like cake. He can quote pretty much the whole bible and tell you where anything is located, I can hardly remember the details of Jonah/Noah/Abraham. All of this to say...God knew what I would need. God knew what I lacked...and he completed me by giving me Scott. I am thankful I have someone to calm me down and put things in perspective...someone who is always willing to give me a break and help with the kids and the house. He is a leader by example. There is a quote that says "my father never told me how to live, he just lived and let me watch" ... I am thankful that my children have such an amazing to person to emulate. He is an amazing father in so many ways and all 3 kids adore him. He is an amazing husband, that I often take forgranted. So today, we celebrate his life and another year. 


so...happy birthday to you scott! I am grateful for you...grateful for your self less attitude, your willingness to assist and help in all areas, your dedication to all you do, your desire to please and follow God, your devotion to your family and the things you are passionate about, grateful for your patience with me and the kids (especially me!), your fun silly attitude, your generosity, your faithfulness and your love... and don't be fooled by my poor attitude at the end of each day when you come home...because while the craziness and busyness and exhaustion from the day is what you see...what i feel and think is THANK GOD HE IS HOME AND I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!

Happy Birthday to our very own super hero! 





No comments:

Post a Comment